Sunday, July 12, 2009

Bend Oregon - Sunday

A very lazy day today. 11.30am on the coach and just a short - maybe 2 mile - ride to Cascades Mall. This a new developement since we were last in town. Very nice too -kind of like a village.

There is JCPennys, Famous Footwear, Starbucks, World Market, Bed Bath & Beyond, plus several other that I didn't spend at, so can't remember.

I do have to report that we have, between 18 of us, purchased 36 pairs of shoes! Now, not everyone has actually purchased shoes. I think maybe 3 folk haven't, but haven't the rest of us made up for them? One of my shoes purchases is for Laura - my granddaughter - so maybe that doesn't count.

We have at least 5 new suitcases to go under the coach tomorrow when we pull out of Bend and head toward the coast. Those of you who travelled to Canada & Alaska last year will remember the record-breaking, back-breaking, credit card swiping effort that went into purchasing new suitcases, well this small group will do you proud.

After our allowed 4 hours of shopping it was back to the Shilo Inn for a rest and I think most people are packing ready to pull out at 9am tomorrow.

The weather is a little kinder today and the breeze quite consistant. We've even had a bit of thunder and some very pathetic rain - still warm though. The river that runs by the hotel is looking fabulous, but to my geographic compass it appears to be running toward the mountains and not several hundred miles to the sea. Nevermind, it will sort it's self out.

The photos posted over the last few days feature some of our group and lots of quilts. There are a few like the little boy asleep in his stroller that made me think of a Mr Quilter in training; the little girls on the street corner in Sisters were selling Lemonade at 50c per cup; did I put the one of the man reading a paperback outside a store? He finishes a whole book every year, but likes to show his support of his wife's interest in quilts by beinbg there. (If I see that it's not posted I will hunt it out and post it)

Thanks again for your "Posts" and emails. Pat, you will be pleased to know that Elaine's roomate this year in no taller than you and that they are getting on like the proverbial house on fire.

Pam & Beverley's families should worry about them either. They are like an old married couple and nag each other into fits of laughter.

Liz's family will - I'm sure - love the photo I have posted of her. She really is having fun.

Have realised that I have several brilliant photos that my friend Colleen (from North Pole Alaska) has taken, so will post some of them directly.

Also, check back over some of the previous posts & you will see additional photos there too.

Till tomorrow,

Lesley & the Imelda Marcos travelling shoe show

2 comments:

  1. hello there testing testing one two three are you there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK we have action!!!!!
    Col been having problems posting on your blog, but clever me fixed it. Hi from us 3. xoxox Me
    Love your pictures and check out Knot-y girls web site as they have a pic of you on there.
    Bye mummy

    ReplyDelete