Saturday, July 18, 2009

Saturday - All at sea

Weather turned to custard at about 8pm last night and the fog rolled in and the rain fell down. Darned good thing we didn't have to go out for dinner.

We dinned in The Pinnacle Grill last evening. Fine dining at it's best. I started with Lobster Bisque. Yum! My steak almost filled the entire plate. The beef is all aged for at least 22 days - man oh man it was tender. Finished with a vanilla souffle and chocolate truffles. Thank goodness for expanding waistbands.

Then we headed to the Cabaret, but it was just introduction night and was over quite quickly. Crows Nest was calling so we headed up there. Fog horns blasting, but hey, it's dry in here. Ordered a cocktail Grizzly Bear. It took me ten minutes to get over the fumes before I could sip it. I think there were at least 3 different liqueurs in it. After that it was good night nurse!!

With the swell of the ocean this baby was rocked to sleep very quickly. Breakfast in bed this morning at 9am.

Kitchen tour at 10.30am, tried to win some jewellery at 11am, learned about marzipan at noon and soon I'm headed for lunch. Might need a Nana nap this afternoon. Formal dinner tonight so will be dusting off the diamonds!

Till tomorrow,

Lesley

2 comments:

  1. Are you sure it was fog and not just the effect of the drink you had? I am surprised you slept after such a large dinner. Thought you would need at least two laps of the deck to walk it off a bit. Hope the captain has his fog lights on. Lots of love to you from mum and me. Still using the alias Arrabella but really Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is only fair that you get some bad weather after the crap weather we have had ... although the suns been out the last couple of days so I cant complain (OK I can and I will!!!) ... enjoy the cruise ... hope its not too hard to distinguish between sea sickness and too many drinkies!!!

    ReplyDelete