Sunday, July 5, 2009

Day one, part 2

Well, I omitted to tell you that two of the group have identical suitcases, so of course you can guess that they ended up with each other's at the airport. So, two purple suitcases, you can see how that might happen. It was discovered as we came out of the airport to the coach. Easy fixed.

BUT, the other one came all the way into the hotel and it wasn't until the lid was opened that the second oops was noticed. Embarrassed traveller journeyed back out to airport to meet up with father of other suitcase. These things do just add to the colour.

Have been for a quiet stroll along the boardwalks - just on dusk. My this lovely city is changing so quickly as they prepare for the Winter Olympics in Feb 2010.
My eyelashes are tired now, so it's off to bed. Good night.

4 comments:

  1. Pleased only a couple of hiccups, keeps life interesting! Just thought I would let you know the sun is shining in the Wairarapa today and about time. We were begining to think being part of the fish family would have been more appropriate. So its in the garden for me today.
    Have a great day - hi to Mum and all the other Mums, Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did that purple suitcase happen to be the same purple suitcase that was travelling with Lynne??!! hehe Thats what happens when you try and be different so not to lose your luggage!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lesley and your happy band of quilters. I wish you all a wonderful time and hope you have as much fun and laughter as we had last year. Wish I was there to share with you. Regards, Brenda Bartlett

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lesley and your happy quilters. I am sure that you will be having as much fun and laughter as we had last year and I too wish I could have joined in this year.
    Happy travelling and I look forward to reading of your antics every day.
    Warm regards Sherry Lord

    ReplyDelete