Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wednesday - Portland Or.

My toes are tired now!

We had a lovely drive from Tillamook to Portland and our first stop was Fabric Depot with its 11,000 sq feet of fabrics. Lots and lots of them are cottons for patchwork and then there a sparkly things and fluffy things and other things. There is already an Obama polar fleece blanket. I wonder why Hazel hasn't ordered any for the shop?

Then it was on to West Linn and HollyHill Quilts. Just adorable. Beautiful displays and a truckload of fabric. We ate at a couple of cafes nearby. I had suffered a serious injury to my right index fingernail so needed to have a mend & manicure. Much more fun than fabric shopping!

Then we headed to a mill shop and bought healthy stuff to nibble and drink. After that it was time to head for the hotel. We are back with Marriott now and are on the river front. Very nice.

Tonight we had dinner in the Sports Bar and then 12 of us took the Streetcar to Powells Bookstore. It's reputed to be the largest in the USA and the largest Independent in the world. They have 6 stores just in downtown Portland.

No pics today - too tired.

Thank you for your replies - we love it!! Till tomorrow,

Lesley

2 comments:

  1. Hi ladies!!! Just having a glass of wine & reading all about your adventures. Pam I just love the photo & your lovely lips!! Sounds like you are having an interesting time. I love the photos of the old bridge covers - am jealous as I've always wanted to see one!! Pam - we are off to Hamilton for robbies 40th - hope he likes the quilt mum has made!!! Thanks for all the photos lesley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous ladies, the pictures are lovely and it's been a very long time since I've been to Oregon. It's a beautiful place, I wouldn't mind going back to visit it again. Hope you're all enjoying yourselves and keep the posts coming. Please make sure to keep Anne (Pam W)in line, she tends to cause trouble if not watched closely. I think it runs in the family.

    ReplyDelete